Found this at the above site, here is my rebuttal to the commentary by the blog author:
"No Governor makes a decision how to equip or deploy the National Guard" sticks her foot in her mouth right here. The State buys equipment for the National Guard until they are Federalized and sent over seas. The President and the Pentagon (National Command Authority, NCA) have to request the use of a States National Guard assets for deployment over seas in peace time.
Not to mention the most recent experience of Governor Palin declaring a State Emergency in Salcha during flooding...
In the event I get moderated out...
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (148)
- Privatize Space Exploration!
- David Drake interview from the folks at Black Five...
- Interesting News from around the world, stories of...
- First Snow, Yesterday, Picture today!
- Bonehead of the day award! Brought to use by Bl...
- Yet another Blog
- Un-Constitutional Investigation!
- Happy Constitution Day!
- Get State out of Religion!
- "I might add that in small towns, we don't quit...
- About the time our original thirteen states adopte...
- Been to Alaska?
- Executive Experience
- Senators Obama (Mr. Smug) and Biden (Mr. Hubris)...
- ▼ September (14)