20081020

New Computer! Great Hardware, but Vista SUCKS!

Well, I went and bought myself a good new computer, and have had problems since...

The computer is great for the price, its an Acer Aspire desktop with a 22" LCD monitor, Intel E2200 2.2 GHZ dual Core processor, 4 GB RAM, and NVIDIA 7100 onboard graphics. Not to shabby hardware wise...

...which brings us to the biggest pain in arse, Windows Vista Home Premium. It sucks. I've spent the last couple days trying to configure it to run what I have. Too bad I have games like Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords from back in 2005 when XP ruled. Now I can't even run that one because there is no reverse compatiblity for it with Vista! However, other games like Medieval II: Total War run just fine.

So I bought it on the 17th, and I'm still fighting with it today. But then, I did work the gun show this last weekend so time has been limited...

I'll be looking for either XP Home (since I have the Pro upgrade for an OEM XP Home machine) or working Ubuntu Linux and WINE (Windows Emulator). Yup, I'm pissed at Microsoft today.

No comments:

Blog Archive