In Honor of Corporal Jason Karella
O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd home, and the war's desolation,
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land,
Praise the Power that hath made and perserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto- "In God is our Trust;"
And the star spangled Banner in triumph shall wave,
O'er Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave
I was driving down the road when I heard this brave man from here in the Fairbanks area died in Afghanistan. I took my hat off and paused a moment in his honor. My prayers are with his family.
Whats sad is how few folks know the first verse, much less the fourth. I first stumbled upon the forth verse in a science fiction short story collection "There Will Be War" edited by J.E. Pournelle published in 1984 dedicated to the US Military that my Dad (a Cold War vet during that time) passed down to me when I went to Iraq the second time.
Painting of Cpl Karella was done from a reference, KTUU Channel 2 was on the lower right of ref. photo. A better picture would be much appreciated, and I'd be willing to offer it to the family if someone could help me with that, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (148)
- Home Invasion Thwarted, go figure, armed Alaskans!...
- Stolen Valor, fakes, I hate them!
- Spc. Heath K. Pickard Initial painting of Spc. ...
- A Hero comes to rest, Honor another, Vista SUCKS s...
- Air Strikes, the Military Vote, and TNSTAAFL!
- New Computer! Great Hardware, but Vista SUCKS!
- Star Spangled Banner, fourth verse
- Healthcare CON and more, being researched....
- Oktober Fest Hotspot! Irbil Iraq!
- Lets honor a Hero, and curse a Villain!
- Updated from WWII to reflect GWOT!
- Should have drawn this months ago!
- More David Drake from Black Five TV! and some neg...
- VOTE! And I think I've found my pick for US Senat...
- I typically avoid political posts on Sundays....
- YIKES! Korea on my mind too...
- Slander and Hypocrisy
- ▼ October (18)