I logged on to my igoogle account, and my Fox News feed had a fantastic article on the situation in Mexico.
We have heard Robert Holder, Hillary Clinton, and California Senator Diane Feinstein quote a statistic about 90% of the guns in Mexico used by drug cartels come from the United States. In fact, Holder even went so far as to say a new 'Assault Weapons Ban' should be considered at the very least to reduce violence in Mexico. Most intelligent and informed folk like, who are just high school edumakated and military trained and have a context of recent history, could smell the bull $@#% from a mile a way. So, either these 'smart' folks in power are a) dumber than we are (possible) b) mis-informed with intelligence worse than George W. Bush about WMD in Iraq (likely) or c) what did they say about the previous administrations assessment of Iraq, 'willfill ignorance of facts' (I'll dig up the quote sometime, the real quote) in order to push and agenda (I believe this IS the case).
Lets break down the sources and numbers (strait from the article):
"In 2007-2008, according to ATF Special Agent William Newell, Mexico submitted 11,000 guns to the ATF for tracing. Close to 6,000 were successfully traced -- and of those, 90 percent -- 5,114 to be exact, according to testimony in Congress by William Hoover -- were found to have come from the U.S.
But in those same two years, according to the Mexican government, 29,000 guns were recovered at crime scenes.
In other words, 68 percent of the guns that were recovered were never submitted for tracing. And when you weed out the roughly 6,000 guns that could not be traced from the remaining 32 percent, it means 83 percent of the guns found at crime scenes in Mexico could not be traced to the U.S.
So, if not from the U.S., where do they come from? There are a variety of sources:
-- The Black Market. Mexico is a virtual arms bazaar, with fragmentation grenades from South Korea, AK-47s from China, and shoulder-fired rocket launchers from Spain, Israel and former Soviet bloc manufacturers.
-- Russian crime organizations. Interpol says Russian Mafia groups such as Poldolskaya and Moscow-based Solntsevskaya are actively trafficking drugs and arms in Mexico.
- South America. During the late 1990s, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) established a clandestine arms smuggling and drug trafficking partnership with the Tijuana cartel, according to the Federal Research Division report from the Library of Congress.
-- Asia. According to a 2006 Amnesty International Report, China has provided arms to countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Chinese assault weapons and Korean explosives have been recovered in Mexico.
-- The Mexican Army. More than 150,000 soldiers deserted in the last six years, according to Mexican Congressman Robert Badillo. Many took their weapons with them, including the standard issue M-16 assault rifle made in Belgium.
-- Guatemala. U.S. intelligence agencies say traffickers move immigrants, stolen cars, guns and drugs, including most of America's cocaine, along the porous Mexican-Guatemalan border. On March 27, La Hora, a Guatemalan newspaper, reported that police seized 500 grenades and a load of AK-47s on the border. Police say the cache was transported by a Mexican drug cartel operating out of Ixcan, a border town."
Interesting isn't it. Robert Holder, Diane Feinstein, I DEMAND AN APOLOGY and RETRACTION of your poorly informed statistics! I DEMAND a HEARING on why your intelligence apparatus is so screwed up! I DEMAND a Commission be formed to investigate your propaganda!
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (37)
- 27APR2009 A1C Raymond Losano, KIA 25MAR03, honored...
- 25APR09 OKC's Iraq/Osama connection
- 23APR09 Is the FBI watching, me? Installing Spywa...
- 20APR09 10 Years ago today...
- 20APR09 2 years ago today...
- 17APR09, Monday will be 10 years...
- 16APR09 My response to the DHS 'Right' wing terror...
- 15APR09 A stab in the back
- 15APR09 Tea Party, and could I have some assistanc...
- 14APR09 One Pellet, One Hare, in the yard!
- Tin Foil Time!
- 14APR09 We are being profiled, again; this time by...
- 13APR09 "Millions For War! Not a Penny More for T...
- 10APR09 Guns and Games!
- 08APR09 Somali Pirates...
- 06APR09 "If I Were King" by Queensryche
- 06APR09 Sick during the weekend, puking over cyber...
- 02APR09 Mind Blowing FACTS and propganda out of da...
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2008 (62)