20100226

26FEB2010 Jerks... and more jerks...

Had a customer, JFC we'll call him... He decided to be an asshole to me while purchasing a firearm today... Almost didn't sell him one, but my manager did (and my manager was just about chuckling and wasn't angry with me, this guy has some history). Whenever we pull out a firearm we typically start talking about it, JFC told me "Don't talk, just sell me the gun." So I did. We also don't sell the ones in the case until they are last one of that model, so when I did the NICS 4473 background check I pulled a pistol that had never been handled beyond logging in and and got it ready to sell. When I brought it out to him I opened the case to show him the one from the back and he got angry and irate. He wanted the one he looked at from the case. I mentioned I opened the box so he could see the one from the back, and then he proceed to inspect it, and bitch about how the coating on the scandium frame (a S&W 360 PD in .357 Mag by the way) under the hammer was 'scratched'. Funny, since thats where the coating comes off first because of the factory test fire, and there was no imperfections beyond FACTORY wear and tear (fresh off the assembly, test fired once for safety, shell casing enclosed in box IAW Federal law...). Well, he wasn't happy with it and told me to get the one from the case for him, so I told him we needed to re do the form (as 4% paperwork errors resulted in Red's Trading Post in Idaho losing their FFL for a time), and he really got angry. I finally told him we reserve the right to refuse service and to not come back. Finally, my manager came out and dealt with him and sold him the one from the case after getting the form completed. The jerk wondered "Who the hell does he think he is" to my manager; well mer JFC, I'm a clerk selling you a firearm. You treat me sub-human and get angry and irate with, perhaps you shouldn't be handling firearms in my store as you are showing a violent tendency toward the guy behind the counter UN-PROVOKED. I started off a nice guy, and JFC became an ass...

...With the way my manager dealt with him, I think its safe to assume this guy has a history of acting in this manner to attempt to get discounts. There are those people out there trying to act offended after acting very coarse toward people in order to coerce a discount. That, and my other belief is that this guy assumed that because I'm under thirty I must be a complete and utter moron... All well...

Then there was the Borough Assembly. I didn't get to testify until very late in the evening when I was done with some of my business with the State Defense Force (Class A inspection in preparation for the units Birthday Ball this Saturday!), which was about 9:30 p.m. It was almost hilarious to me to see all the Assembly Members and the Borough Mayor Luke Hopkins sitting there bored to tears and ready to fall asleep listening to the last few people testify about their ordnance seeking to put Federal Stimulus money into a Solid Fuel burning curtailment program Mayor Hopkins promised not to impose during his election (along with the Interior Pollution Control Committee's recommendation to remove all fines and permitting from then Mayor Jim Whitaker's draft wood burn ban ordnance from about three or four months back...). I don't think a single one of them was awake completely when I left. Mrs. Nadine Winters decided to take her dogs out of her vehicle and they proceeded to wrap me up in their leashes when I made my way to my car. She apologized, but her dogs were nice dogs and it wasn't a problem, though people were still testifying. She told me she'd have left her dogs if she knew the meeting would have taken this long. I refrained from saying the first thing that came to mind... Something to the effect of "No $%#, didn't you learn that the first three times this issue came up?" and just proceeded to my car to head home.

So, there is my crappy day in a nutshell for you. So, local firearms dealers, keep an eye for Mr. JFC trying to con you into a discount by being a jerk; and everybody keep an eye on your Borough Assembly which lacks the common sense to leave their poor dogs at home when they are proposing very un-popular bans on the least expensive way people can heat their homes 9 months out of the year.

No comments:

Blog Archive