20110203

03FEB11 Untold Stories from Iraq and Afghanistan OUT NOW!




Check it out: http://heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com/

All proceeds are going to go to:

Soldiers Angels

Wounded Warrior Project

The USO

and

Fischer House

On top of where everything is going to support, this project thus far is rather unique in that Clayton Murwin, the man who worked to put this together, worked very hard to find the comic book industry talent to work pro bono while also getting them in touch with OEF/OIF Veterans willing to tell their stories. I became involved through a chance encounter with one of the Vets involved, Victor Castro, through the IAVA Community of Veterans social network. Since then, I've worked with Valerie Finnigan who did the script, and finally the illustrators. Clayton was even kind enough to take a look at a few of my cartoons that I'd drawn on a my last deployment on the back of inventory sheets that were part of our units unofficial 'morale file' and asked if he could use some! Obviously, the coffee stains, smears, and dust weren't acceptable for the final product; so I re penciled most of them and sent them to Clayton who in turn sent them to some real professionals in the comic book industry who know what they are doing with inks!

So, there you go folks! Finally, some real war comics based on real stories from real soldiers. Not the usual war comic that comes out these days, at least not anything like I've seen at my local comic shop!

No comments: