20110321

21MAR11, Whats up with IACC and Tin Foil Hats?

I was there when IACC got started as a grass roots organization promoting Conservative ideas here in the Fairbanks area. It was shortly after the 2nd Amendment Task Force began (and before it became the Schaeffer Cox personality cult, and disintegrated as a result of Cox going over the edge with his fellow Conspiracy Nuts at the "Continental Congress 2009"...). A large part of the momentum was to get Conservatives to organize and get a better unity of effort instead of running against each other and allow the more Liberal politicians to win with less than 50% of the vote (after all, in our local elections the only reason we have Liberals is because two or three Conservatives are vying for the same seat and there are no primaries...). Those not from Alaska my wonder why I'm using the terms Conservative and Liberal versus Republican and Democrat; lets just say our Democrats are more conservative than some East Coast Republicans... Its values not politics at play here... Forget the party mold.

Thats what I liked about IACC. I did some cartoons for them, and came out to many events they organized. They are in fact our local 9/12 Project HQ, Right to Life, and many number of wonderful organizations come under their umbrella to meet at the IACC storefront. They publish a wonderful news letter called the Woodshed. To date, they have done a lot of wonderful work assisting locals here in making sure our wood and coal stoves and furnaces are protected in the face of ever skyrocketing fuel oil prices and the failure of industry and the State of Alaska (as a result of the Federal overreach) to build a Natural Gas Pipeline.

However, somethings have been starting to nag me about some folks they have chosen for certain positions in that organization. So I wrote them an email:

IACC,

I'm curious about the role played by XXX XXX in the IACC. I'm not at all a fan of conspiracy theories (and I'm not impressed with YYY YYY's rants on the radio either that border on paranoid black helicopter theories). About a week ago, he articulated he isn't involved in the Political system at all, to include not voting in elections; and yet I see he is an active member of IACC.

This concerns me as voting plays a critical role to the health of our Constitutional Republic in which the political system is based upon Representative Democracy. I believe in restoring the institution to what its supposed to be through the ballot box as our Founders intended the ballot box to be. However, it concerns me in light of what happened recently with Schaeffer Cox about the direction IACC seems to be heading with yet another person who is disillusioned by the ballot box.

I want to know XXX's plan to restore our political system from outside the realm of the ballot box. Without knowing what his idea is, my only conclusion at this point based on all the conspiracy talk I'm starting hear more and more of from the vocal members of the IACC seems to be armed revolt in the manner pursued by Cox and his acolytes (after all, we all witnessed the 2nd Amendment Task Force degrade into a very small cult of personality centered around Cox).

A detailed plan from XXX about his goals and objectives would put my mind at ease. However, right now, I'm not even sure I want to be associated with IACC with the conspiratorial chatter that seems to be gaining more and more influence in IACC. I've been quite a proud supporter, donating cartoons and such, and fully believe in the mission of the IACC to reform the local communities politics by promoting Conservative values; however I must admit I absolutely abhor the black helicopter conspiracy theories that have little to no basis in reality and believe that such people are a cancer to the credibility of our side of the argument. Talk of the Bilderberg Group, Bohemian Grove, and 9/11 'Truth' shouldn't be any part of the IACC's public discourse. None have much basis in reality, and will end up being a cancer to the credibility of the organization as a whole if it becomes the forefront of why members support certain policies.

What I observed in the case of Schaeffer Cox, and where I broke ties, was the supposed Continental Congress 2009 which became a meeting of Conspiracy nuts. Just about every document that came out of that meeting Illinois was targeting what they believed were the Powers that Be that lied about 9/11 and are working to create a New World Order; the Bilderbergs, the Tri-Lateral Commission, etc... Cox came back, and went down that dark road that now has him in jail and awaiting trial. Thus far, I've not seen a case in which belief in such things has ended well when they become the center of a political argument and organization.

If such beliefs are the motivation of IACCs work, tell me now. I want no part in promoting such ridiculous ideas. I don't care if people hold those ideas, what concerns me is when the vocal members of IACC are on the radio every week promoting such things and thats about all I see come out IACC on the air.

v/r

Michael "Sudsy" Sutherland

Lets just say, I don't believe the Conspiracies out there about 9/11, the Bilderbergs, or FEMA Camps. I've also seen these theories fuel the hatred of the Islamo-Fascists and Leftists as much as the supposed 'extreme right wing' that Napolitano and the Southern "Poverty Law Center" rant about. I'm eagerly awaiting a response.

After all, I want no part in promoting crazy ideas, I'm just too damn skeptical.

No comments: